Check your Application Status
The aim of the IISc Bangalore and IITs is to build a sound foundation of knowledge, pursue excellence and enhance creativity in an intellectually stimulating environment. The current pace of advancement of technology needs a coherent back-up of basic science education and research. The vibrant academic ambience and research infrastructure of IISc and IITs motivate the students to pursue careers in Research & Development in frontier areas of basic sciences as well as interdisciplinary areas of science and technology. Further, IISc and IITs have well equipped modern laboratories, efficient computer networks and state-of-the-art libraries. The teaching process is structured to promote close and continuous contact between the faculty and the students.
What is new in JAM 2014 ?
• For the academic year 2014 - 2015, NIT Rourkela will admit students in their 2 year MSc Programs in Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Earth Science (Geology), and Life Sciences (Biology) through JAM 2014. For further information, see JAM 2014 Brochure.
• For the academic year 2014 - 2015, IISER PUNE will admit students in their Integrated Ph.D. Programs in Chemical and Physical Sciences through JAM 2014. For further information, see JAM 2014 Brochure.
• Application Forms will NOT be sold through Banks.
• Applications will be accepted only through Online Process.
• CA and GP Test Papers have been discontinued.
• Entry to the programs which required a candidate to qualify in GP-Test Paper will be through PH.
• MCA, M.Tech. in Geological Technology and M.Tech in Geophysical Technology will not be offered from 2014-15 Academic Year.
• The Test Papers CY, GG, MA, MS and PH will consist of Two Parts, viz. Part-I and Part-II. Part-I will be Objective and Part-II will be Subjective. In each of the above Test Papers, a certain number of candidates will be shortlisted based on their performance in Part-I. The Subjective Part (Part-II) will be evaluated only for those shortlisted candidates. The final Merit List will be prepared on the basis of performance in both Part-I and Part-II.
• Application Fee has changed. Please see the details in Application FAQ.
STRUCTURE OF JAM 2014
JAM 2014 will have seven Test Papers. A candidate can appear in either one or two Test Paper(s), subject to the restrictions imposed by the Test Schedule and on payment of requisite additional fee for the Second Test Paper as applicable. Candidates desiring to appear in two Test Papers must ensure, from the Test Schedule, that these Test Papers are not scheduled in the same session.